Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Heat it up!


Welcome to December! I was attempting to keep warm after my Thanksgiving dinner talking golf with my father and my uncle. They are both successful businessmen and avid golfers. It was great to gain the perspective of not only family but golf consumers. So I am going to relay that information to you. I would love your comments!


Top four things "golf consumers" look for:



  1. Distance: How do I get it? Is it my body? Is it my club? Is it my club head speed?

  2. Accuracy: How do I play from the fairway more often? How do I shape a shot?

  3. Lower Score: I cant seem to break 100? 90? 80? etc.

  4. Less strokes on the putting green: Is it my putter? How are my feet supposed to be? How do I read the green quickly.

  5. How do I play with PAIN? You don't have to!

THE ANSWER TO EACH OF THOSE IS ....


In order to play the game you want to play you must practice your game on the course, on the putting green, in your mind and most importantly with your body. On a day to day basis I encourage the avid golfer to visualize their favorite course playing the perfect hole or even if you have enough time the entire round. Your body does what your mind sees.


In order to improve your game your body must be able to do the things the golf swing and game demand. This will keep you out of pain. If you are experiencing pain it is a good idea to find out why your swing hurts. And it is NO EXCUSE to say I am getting older or that has always been there or other such things. Please consult someone and get it fixed so you can enjoy the game pain free. Distance, accuracy and lower scores come hand in hand...they are simply perfecting your swing by perfecting your body with precise and specific golf exercises and golf specific strengthening and flexibility routines.


As for the putting I suggest get specific putting lessons. Attend a workshop or get some lessons.


To the Golf Consumer...what else do you look for?






No comments:

Post a Comment